Saturday, September 17, 2011

Trinket Wreath





For years I've collected patches, buttons and little trinkets with every intention to use them in some fabulous craft project.  Well, one of the nice things about starting such a collection is that eventually you have a little treasure trove of stuff to choose from when the time is right. 

So, I started with

1 - 9 1/2" styrofoam ring
5 yards - 1 1/2" ribbon
2 - T pins
Pearl-head pins 

First I attached the ribbon to the wreath with a T-pin and just started tightly wrapping the wreath until the whole thing was covered.  I ended the wrapping by using another T-pin to hold the end of the ribbon tight.  (I wish I took pictures of the whole process...oh well, next time.)

The fun part is pinning little trinket around the wreath with the pearl head pins.  It's kind of an organic craft piece because I can just take down/add stuff whenever I like. Pretty happy with the outcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment