Friday, September 16, 2011

My First Post - The Paris Shadow Box

It's mid-September and I find myself with a little bit of time on my hands.  Everyone needs a little creative outlet and I want to use this blog to feature some of my various creations and interests.  I'm planning to write about crafts, cooking and other things that interest me, but I guess I'll figure that out along the way.

My Paris Shadow Box

My family and I went to Paris in April 2010, and it's taken me this long to put this little box together.  I was inspired by a shadow box I found on the Martha Stewart website - Martha Stewart Shadow Box .  So, when we got to Paris, I started collecting small things that I thought that would work out nicely.  Little did I know that these things would be sitting in a bag on the floor of my closet for over a year!

I bought the shadow box on sale at Michaels a long time ago and it measures 11" x 9".  The things inside the box are the little pieces of ephemera and other things I gathered in Paris (ticket stubs, business cards, coins, small key chains, etc.).  I'm pretty happy with my final product.

2 comments:

  1. This is one of the nicest shadow boxes I've seen. So impressive. I've had a box of similar items for a trip my sister and I took back in the 90's...I keep bringing it with me every move. Hope that makes you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty blog you've just started Arlene. Lots of cute ideas. I like it a lot.

    ReplyDelete