For this craft, all you need is the following:
- glue / glue stick
- ribbon scraps
1. The first thing you need to do is draw a shape onto a piece of cardboard (you could use a recycled box or the card back of an old note book). I printed out a heart on my computer and traced the shape on the cardboard. My heart is 5" across, but you can make yours a little smaller or larger; it all depends on the size of cardboard you have.
|Trim the cardboard close to the shape, this will help when you glue down the ribbons.|
2. Now, all you have to do is cut small scraps of ribbon and glue them to the opposite side of the drawn shape. Don't glue anything to the side with the shape, because you'll need that side to guide you when you cut it out.
|Glue the ribbon next to each other on one side of the cardboard|
|Do not glue anything on the side with the shape.|
3. Once the glue has dried, cut out the shape - you're almost done!
4. I thought the cutout needed a little something extra, so I sewed on a button to the top. I also used this button to attach the ribbon, but you can also just hole punch the cutout to hang a ribbon.
- You don't have to use a heart shape - cut out a circle, square, etc.
- Decorate the cutout with buttons, other little trinkets, etc.
- Cover the back of the shape with craft paper
- Glue the shape onto a card or place it in a frame