Thursday, November 3, 2011

Cute Scrap Cards


Using just some fabric and paper scraps, I made these really easy and cute cards!

For this project you just need the following:

  • blank cards / card stock / construction paper
  • fabric or paper scraps
  • buttons, ribbons or whatever you want to use to decorate your cards
  • scissors
  • glue


  1. I bought these blank cards, but you could also just cut some card stock to the size of an envelope to create your own card. 
  2. On my blank "canvas", I free hand drew a picture of a little girl.  I suggest practicing on another paper first, or drawing your picture in pencil, then drawing over it in pen.  In some versions, I drew out the whole picture, including the dress, and in other I tried drawing the picture without a dress.

In this drawing, I drew here whole dress.

In this version, I left out her dress.


3.  Now all you have to do is decorate your card.  I cut a scrap of cloth to make her dress, but you can also use paper, felt, etc. to make her dress.  You may need to keep trimming the cloth to fit just right.

Glue down the scrap of cloth to make her dress.

Really, the only thing that limits you on these cards are your imagination. I used ribbon scraps and buttons to decorate my cards.

Other ideas:  
  • add a ribbon border around the card
  • add a background to the card - draw the little girl on a separate piece of paper and cut her out and paste her onto the background
  • change it up - draw a little boy, add a boy and girl together, etc.


2 comments:

  1. I adore these!! So cute and I am definitely going to try this. I came over from One Pretty Thing, just so you know.

    ReplyDelete