|This is great way to display your buttons!|
For this craft all you need is the following:
- cheap embroidery hoop (the one I used is 7 1/4 in diameter)
- lots and lots of button / badges
- cardboard & glue or tape
1. Cut a piece of fabric in a square about 2-3 inches larger than the hoop and press the fabric in between the outer and inner hoops. Stretch out the fabric to ensure that it is taut inside the hoop.
|Here's your blank canvas!|
2. Now all you have to do is stick the buttons into the fabric in any formation you like - it's really that simple and easy!
|In this version, I laid out the buttons like a clock.|
|In this version, I just randomly placed the buttons inside the hope.|
|In this version, I just used 9 buttons and placed them in a square formation.|
|Tuck the fabric in back.|
|Glue the cardboard onto the back of the hoop.|
If you don't want to cover the back (maybe you want to switch out the fabric or reuse the hoop someday), just tuck the fabric inside and use tape to keep it in place.
|I used painter's tape to hold everything together.|
Just tie some ribbon to the top of the hoop and now you're ready to hang it.
- try different fabric
- theme your buttons / badges (i.e. - use all blue buttons or animal buttons)
- mix sewing buttons or other types of pins to your piece